Phone: +227 90 86 17 72 / + 227 94 36 07 09 / +227 97 95 71 07
The Réseau Panafricain Pour la Paix, la Démocratie et le Développement (The Pan-African Network for Peace, Democracy and Development, REPPADD) is a human rights and development organisation founded in 2011. It was launched by young Nigeriens and former student movement leaders.
Its objectives are to:
- Promote a United States of Africa and promote pan-African values.
- Work for Niger and other African states to exercise effective control over the natural and cultural resources.
- Contribute to ensuring an effective framework for social, political and economic rights in Niger.
- Support Nigerien conflict prevention and conflict resolution institutions.
- Advocate for free, fair and transparent elections in Niger.
- Increase the involvement of women and young people in decision-making.
- Fight discrimination towards vulnerable members of society.
- Work to create sustainable environmental development.
REPPADD's medium term goals are to extend its territorial reach across Niger, increase its lobbying and advocacy activities, and regularly publish a bulletin on peacebuilding news in the country. Long term, it intends to increase the provision of peace education and training in Niger, and work with other regional and international partners to organise regional initiatives.
Last updated: August 2015