Address: Bp10423 Niamey Niger Tel : 0022720741090, Rue du grand hôtel collée au centre de documentation et de formation en droits humains de l’ANDDH
The Association Nigérienne de Lutte contre la Corruption (Nigerien Association for the Fight Against Corruption, ANLC) is an apolitical, non-denominational, not-for-profit association created in 2001. Its main objective is the fight against corruption through :
- The promotion of reforms aiming for more transparency in the management of public and private sectors;
- Denouncing and combatting all practices of corruption that come to its knowledge in the management of private and public sectors;
- Promoting of an ethics of moral integrity; and
- Promoting transparency and responsibility in commercial international and national transactions.
Structure of the organisation
ANLC is made up of technical commissions on the regional level. These include commissions on:
- Money laundering, human trafficking and fraud;
- Governance and the fight against impunity; and
- Climate change and humanitarian aid
ANLC also works locally in anti-corruption clubs. These are made up of citizens of all ages and profession and serve as local relays for ANLC’s work in the fight against corruption. Each club uses a code of good conduct and a guide for good function.
Successful activities include:
- Raising awareness on electoral corruption.
- Election monitoring
- Press releases to denounce corruption
- Editorials in support for the fight against corruption
- Parlementary day on corruption awareness
- National Council on Public Market’s Regulation
- Interministerial council of the ITIE
- ITIE consultation committee
- Information and claims bureau of the fight against corruption and violations department
- Study on the perception of corruption by actors of the education sector in Niamey
- Report on election monitoring in Niger
- Report from the Corruption in Africa Seminar on the ‘case of Niger’
- Study on the corruption in the education, justice and health sectors
- State of Corruption in Niger
- Report on the Parliamentary Day on the fight against corruption
- Report on the training of civil society actors in the fight against corruption
- Report on the financing of Political parties in Niger
- Report on the National Evaluation of studying and traceability of spending linked to the primary education sector with Africa Education Watch.
- Report on the evaluation of the national system of integrity in Niger
Last updated: June 2016