Cultural-Humanitarian Fund 'Sukhumi' works to empower women to take on an active role in building a democratic society in Georgia and in the peaceful resolution of conflicts through educational, economic, social and cultural activities. It is an IDP women's non-governmental organisation which was founded in Kutaisi, Georgia, in October 1997.
Image credit: Sukhumi
As part of its recent work, the organisation has conducted the following projects:
- 2012-2014: Strengthening of women's rights in Western Georgia, supported by EED Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst;
- 2013: Strengthening women’s voices in decision-making, supported by Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs;
- 2012-2013: From dialogue between women and local authorities to cooperation, supported by the US Embassy;
- 2012: School of Young Women Leaders – preparation for their active participation in peacemaking and democratic processes in Georgia, supported by Kvinna till Kvinna;
- 2012: Conflict Analysis from Gender Perspective: women's vision of the possible scenarios for the future, supported by Kvinna till Kvinna;
- 2010: Georgia Internally Displaced People’s Community Development Project, supported by the World Bank;
- 2009-2010: Dissemination of results of the Georgian-Abkhaz dialogue on Security Guarantees - Dialogue on security guarantees in the context of the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict, supported by International Alert;
- 2009: Rendering assistance to IDPs living in the collective centre "Medea” (Tskhaltubo) to increase their knowledge and possibilities for protecting of own rights in the process of implementation of State measures on improving of living conditions, supported by Conciliation Resources;
- 2008-2009: Exchange of experiences and joint elaboration of new resolutions on the issues of self-organisation and active involvement in peaceful process, at the level of people’s diplomacy of IDP women from Abkhazia and Karabakh, supported by Open Society Foundation.
The important component of the organisation’s work is networking and permanent exchange meetings with partner organisations in Caucasus and at the international level.
Image credit: Sukhumi
Last updated: October 2015