Address: Boulevard de la liberté - Avenue de la science - immeuble Premun House - 5ème étage n°502
Phone: + 257 22 24 86 26 / 79 90 53 84 / 24 61 55 (fax)
Colonie des Pionniers de Développement (CPD) was created in 1988 by a group of volunteers who were seeking to promote sustainable development and human rights in Burundi. The first priority of CPD is to resolve conflicts peacefully, and to combat the proliferation of small arms and their consequences.
Major goals of this organisation include:
- The promotion of human rights;
- To conduct peace education at community level;
- To combat all kinds of violence and discrimination;
- To fight against poverty and ignorance.
CPD is leading an initiative supporting peace consolidation through information and advocacy against any kind of violence. This action focuses on:
- Organisation of retreats around themes such as 'the fight against violence' and 'the proliferation of arms within the civilian population'.
- The production, publication and dissemination of a peace guide for the Burundian community in French and Kirundi entitled ‘Kinshasa Convention, a tool for peace in Burundi’.
- Lobbying and advocacy efforts for a second campaign of civil disarmament to reduce the violation of human rights, prevent armed violence and sensitise demobilised youth against humanitarian violations; and
- Community awareness on violence prevention after the 2010 elections.
Last updated: June 2014