Address: Gitega , Mushasha Quarter
Phone: +257 22 40 43 51 / +257 79 962 097
Founded in 1953, CHIRO-Burundi is one of the oldest organisations working to educate and support young people in Burundi. Through its mission, CHIRO-Burundi contributes to the promotion of civic values of peace, solidarity and human development through training, community work and recreational activities.
CHIRO-BURUNDI has recently conducted activities such as:
- An annual camp for young people in every province of Burundi.
- Cultural Peace Caravans at the national level.
- Capacity building for local structures on peace and conflict issues in the Buyengero and Mabanda Communes.
- Construction of rural roads.
- Solidarity activities with vulnerable people in different areas and parishes.
Last updated: June 2014