Office de Developpement des Eglises Evangeliques (ODE, English: Evangelical Churches Development Office) has worked since 1972 to provide human dignity by promoting responsible and sustainable development in Burkina Faso. ODE aims to:
- To promote sustainable development for all community groups, based on providing greater equality for the most vulnerable.
- To work at local, national and international level to improve human dignity through advocacy on human rights and democracy-building.
- To build a more peaceful and just society.
- Sustainable agriculture and environment building.
- Village-level and agricultural hydraulics works.
- Community health and HIV/Aids / STI projects.
- Emergency humanitarian aid and rehabilitation.
- Savings and credits help.
- Local governance and other small-scale projects.
- Sustainable agriculture: ODE provides structured training on new agricultural techniques and countryside research methodologies. It also works on its own and in association with other partners, to help implement new technologies adapted to local needs.
- Water projects: ODE has implemented several dams and reservoir projects as well as facilities and training support, which have had a strong impact on agro-pastoral production. It has also provided many wells and drill sites for local villages.
- Non-formal education: ODE has helped initiate several literacy centres and training programmes for other development actors.
- Community health: the construction and outfitting of several health centres including dispensing, maternity, pharmacy and testing facilities, a motorbike ambulance and two HIV/Aids screening centres.
Last updated: November 2014