Address: 01BP 2752 BOBO DIOULASSA
Phone: +226 70 27 50 77 / 78 48 18 66
The Association Jeunesse Cœur Ouvert de Sya (Open Heart Youth Association of Sya, AJCOS) was founded in 2005. Based in Bobo-Dioulasso, AJCOS has about 100 members and is working towards the socio-economic development of the Houet province and the social and professional integration of youth into society.
AJCOS works towards:
- Promoting access to knowledge and the personal development of children out of schooling.
- Promoting the professional training and self-employment of young people (one youth, one job.
- Creating multifunctional centre for youths.
- Developing cooperation for sustainable development and solidarity.
- Promoting peace, democracy, human and civil rights.
- Raising awareness with young people of sexually transmitted diseases and other illnesses.
- Promoting environmental education.
- Initiating and promoting activities on gender and rural development.
- Promoting socio-cultural and sport youth activities.
AJCOS has around 100 members and its executive bureau works with 7 members and 2 auditors. Its activities have included:
- Raising awareness with youth on a culture of peace.
- Training on the proliferation of light weapons in partnership with Amnesty International Burkina Faso
- Advocating to members of the authority on the prevention of conflict during the elections in 2012, in partnership with ROJALNU-OMD.
- Education of children in difficulty throughout schooling
AJCOS works in partnership with other organisations such as Amnesty International Burkina Faso; the Regional Directorate of youth, professional training and employment of Haut-Bassins; the Regional Directorate of social action and national solidarity of Haut-Bassins; the Regional Directorate of national education; the Regional Council of Haut-Bassins; the commune of Bobo-Dioulasso; and Regional Council of Youth of Haut-Bassins (CRJ/HBS).
Last updated: June 2015