Address: +226 76 09 02 75 / 71 97 22 73
Phone: +226 76 09 02 75 / 71 97 22 73
In December 2012, sports and culture were extremely precarious at the University Polytechnique of Bobo Dioulasso in Burkina Faso. By December 2013, outraged fans launched a general mobilisation call for the support of craftsmanship in these particular fields. In view of the movement's incredible success, they decided to set up a permanent structure for the "defense and promotion of sports and culture on campus".
Upon its creation, the Association Estudiantine pour la Promotion du Sport et de la Culture (Student Association for the Promotion of Sports and Culture, AEPSC) focused primarily on the defense of sports and culture. However, since 2014, the organisation has worked on any kind of aspect that may advance social peace, whic is its main mission.
More specifically, this aims at:
- Promoting sports and culture in school and at university level
- Creating a specific framework in which students can communicate and exchange on experiences
- Promoting social cohesion through raising awareness and respect for human dignity
- Fighting for the promotion and preservation of the environment
- Building acts of solidarity and supporting vulnerable people
- Fighting against STDs and HIV/AIDS
- Fighting against harmful practices through raising awareness (prostitution, female genital mutilation, forced or early marriage)
- Helping students develop entrepreneurship skills
- Promoting the creation of micro-businesses
AEPSC's partners are the Centre Régional des Oeuvres Universitaires de Bobo-Dioulasso (Students' Welfare Office of Bobo-Dioulasso, CROUB) and UPB's Presidency.
Last updated: June 2015