Address: Shahid Mizan Road, Mohiskhola, Narail 7500
Phone: +880 048 162 367 / 017 114 63707
NABANNO is based in Narail, Bangladesh. It started its mission in 1998 with the purpose of making people aware and empowering them to participate meaningfully in the sustainable development process of the society. NABANNO’s mission is to establish a gender balanced and peaceful society, which is economically generative, socially just, environmentally and democratically peaceful.
- Awareness raising campaigns to increase women's participation in school management committees, Union Parishad, Village courts and social development committees.
- Campaign to reduce early marriage and girls' school dropout rates, and to combat violence against women and girls.
- Regular counseling with Union Parishad members to develop professional and effective relationships with government officials and civil society representatives.
- Developing the capacity of the Union Parishads on their roles and responsibilities and on standing committees.
- Land-related conflict dispute: identifying and solving problems and developing action plans.
- Human rights: developing peace messaging, press conferences, round table meetings, advocacy meetings and consultancy.
Health education and infrastructure building
- Health services through mobile massage
- Health and family planning,
- Safe drinking water, sanitation and arsenic Mitigation.
- Increase health hygiene and environment related awareness
Gender and development programs
- Reducing violence against women through capacity building processes including trainings, workshops
- Women participation in community service delivery institutions
- Domestic violence and women harassment protection through changemakers including consultation with local government and security providers
- Political and conflict sensitisation of women through Leadership Development, Liaison with the government, service provision, monitoring and skills training.
NABANNO’s partners include D.net, USAID, and Democracy Watch. These projects are focused on domestic violence and women harassment protection through the political empowerment of women and climate change adaptation for sustainable rural livelihoods.
Last updated: June 2016